Saturday 15 June 2019

Day Eleven - Fosdyke to Arkesden



Today is day Eleven with an ending in Essex for the night before the final days trek to Canvey Island.  The amazing trip of James should be applauded for the pure determination to succeed and of course the support given by Bill and Michelle who has also given their time to have a nice holiday travelling from John O'Groats to Canvey Island.

The end is in sight and well done all.

The day tomorrow will climax at the Canvey Island Raft Race where District Governor Lesley Sulley will meet James and the team in. Please support Canvey Coast Satellite Rotary Club and make sure that you are there to meet this amazing team.




You are probably missing that wee scamp Harry Haggis and his adventures - I think we may have to write the book as a reminder of how he helped James and the team from him birth in John O'Groats to arrive in the idyllic setting of the home of Canvey Coast Satellite Rotary Club.  This is Harry's penultimate day from this morning to tonight.

Well I suppose with the last day in a hotel I can have a few beers and get ready for my new life on Canvey Island.  Bill, Michelle and James have told me about a place to live where Kings are and they have lots of homes for me to stay in and breed.  Apparently there is also some Camping with a General or two so I could become a mascot for the Army and then there is a place for food which is unlimited called Morrisons and good Scottish name.  At least I wont be lonely there.



 First he adopts me then he trys to use me to clean the sat nav screen.  I'm on the bike then I'm not!!


 then I try to escape and a woman grabs me and wants to put me in her handbag















No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Twelve - Stansted Mountfitchet to Canvey Island - The Last Leg

Today James started off at 06:00 from Chimneys in Stansted Mountfitchet he headed down toward Writtle then Chelmsford Stoc...